Monday, February 10, 2020

Funeral Song

Well... again, I am not sure how this week went by so fast. But, I will do my best to include a few thoughts I can remember from the week. 
Funny Story first: We went to another funeral service and I was asked to play the piano. It was just at a members house and so they had a small keyboard and then they handed out a handful of hymn books that they had stored at the house. I was sitting up in front of everyone and they announced the opening hymn. So, I went to set up my hymn book and out of the front cover fell a bunch of tobacco leaves. So, all of the sudden as everyone was waiting for me to start playing, I had to sit there first and sweep all of the tobacco leaves off the keys with my hands. Lots of people were really confused. It is a good thing that I am not the person who has to judge the man who is hiding his stash of tobacco inside of a hymnbook haha.
But, this week was awesome. We went on exchanges again this week. I ended up with Elder Woolsey who I went on exchanges like 6 months ago. So, it was super fun to go again.
Then to cap off the week, we had district conference. President Oldroyd and a member of the area 70 came and spoke. They both gave awesome talks about how God uses imperfect people to guide and continue the work of salvation. It was super inspiring. I am grateful that despite all of my imperfections I am able to devote my time to helping bring others to the gospel now. 
We also got 2 new people to come to church this week, so it was super fun to see them. And then we extended a baptismal date to Tatay Rodolfo. So, after months of coming to church, his day to make the next step might finally be close. 
I love you all and am grateful for the thoughts and prayers. 
-Elder Thomas








No comments:

Post a Comment