Monday, February 17, 2020

1 more week

This week was sweet. We were able to go on exchanges again which was super fun. One of my favorite experiences on the exchange was a little discussion that we had with a member. He has been a member for almost a year now and is just getting ready to go to the temple with his wife. We were just talking and then he asked "Why do people all seem to love the temple?" He told us that as he said that, me and my companion's faces both lit up. He was wondering why people always seem so happy when they talk about it. 
We had a cool discussion a little bit about the endowment. And how we really are given power when we take upon us sacred covenants in the temple. Then we focused on the principle that because the Priesthood has been restored, we now have the authority to seal families for the eternities. We finished the lesson by talking about the blessing that it is that we are able to be instruments in helping those who have already passed on to receive the same blessings. 
Man, I miss the temple. I know that I took for granted the fact that I could get to sooo many temples so close to my house. The temple is the house of God and we are blessed in every way as we make covenants and strive to be faithful to them.
This week, we taught probably more lessons than I have ever taught in my whole mission. Our teaching pool is awesome and we have very carefully found those that we think will progress and accept the gospel. We got home a few nights this week and realized that we hadn't even had time in the day to get to a handful of the people we had hoped to teach. It is definitely not a bad problem to have. 
And this next week is transfers. So, I will send y'all the updates as soon as I can. Love you all. 
Love Elder Thomas


No comments:

Post a Comment