Monday, February 11, 2019

Training Ulit

I just finished my first transfer here in Baguio. That is crazy. It went by really fast and I learned a lot. It was not the easiest transfer for me, but I learned a lot and am definitely grateful for it.
We got transfer calls on Saturday. I got told that I am going to train again. I was definitely not expecting that because I haven't hit six months yet in the field and I have already trained once. But, I am super excited. I will find out on Thursday who my companion is going to be. I still don't know if it is going to be a Filipino or foreigner. Either way would be good for me. I already have 2 Filipino roommates for the transfer. So, If I trained a Filipino, it would be 3 of them and we would definitely speak a lot of Tagalog in our house. But, if I train an American, I really have to be the one to take the lead in contacting and lessons because they will be new with the language. Either way, this transfer will be good for me and I am really excited. 
This last week, the coolest experience that we had was actually another blessing that we gave. It seems like that has kind of been the highlight of like my last 3 weeks. This one was actually to a non-member. Her dad is a member and we have taught her and her husband like twice. But, they really aren't interested. We got the feeling to stop by their house so that we could help the dad (who is a member) learn how to use the Come Follow Me study manual. But, he actually wasn't home. We found his daughter and son in-law who were just about to leave to the hospital. The daughter was super sick. We asked if we could help them with anything. Then we offered to give them a blessing. It was awesome. We told her basically that according to her faith, God would bless her. The coolest part was to look at her husband after the blessing. He never really likes to listen to us, but he was almost in tears after we gave the blessing. The spirit in that little house was awesome. It is soo cool to see how the gospel and the priesthood can bless both members and non members. 
God has a plan for all of us and he wants nothing more than for us to return to him as families. I love the chance that I have to share that out here with the people of the Philippines. I love you all and send lots of prayers back your way. 
-Elder Thomas





 

No comments:

Post a Comment