Monday, February 18, 2019

The moving crew + Valentines Day

Well... this one is going to be kind of short. Our emails were under maintenance this morning, so we did not have the chance to email. We just got a few minutes to come back to the computer shop and respond to the family and send an email.
The highlight this week was the new update from the church about communicating with families. Me and my companion were in the middle of a lesson when we got a handful of texts to our phone. Usually we just kind of ignore them until the lesson, but we got like 3 texts and our investigator told us that we better look at our phone. My companion read the texts and just about jumped out of his chair. We were told that we would have a half hour each week to talk with our family on top of the hour that we are given to email. It was super exciting. This morning, our emails were under maintenance, so we spent the whole hour and a half talking to our families. 
Anyway, this week went by super fast. I had a lot to do. Tuesday, I made my way down to the mission home because I was training again. I had my training on Wednesday and then worked with some Elder's in the area for the rest of the day. We basically just became the moving crew because the Elders and Sisters were trading houses because the were some creepy dudes apparently that lived outside of the sisters apartment. So, we basically just became the moving crew for the day. I attached a picture of one of the trikes that took a load from one house to the other. It was packed full and had stuff hanging off in every direction. It was quite the sight to see as it drove down the highway. 
Then I picked up my trainee on Thursday and had a training and then we made our way back to Baguio. We worked all day Friday and taught like 6 lessons in one day. Which was incredible. Then on Saturday, we worked in the morning and then went to our ward party in the evening. You can see my whole Valentines experience in a nutshell in the picture below. 
That's about it for the week. I love you all and send prayers your way. 
Love Elder Thomas


 

No comments:

Post a Comment