Sunday, November 11, 2018

How many people fit on a jeep?? One more

The best part of this week was that we got to go up to Querino. My comp is the district leader and we had to go out there for some baptismal interviews. My area in Santiago is like 2 hours away from a big city. We are kind of out in the ghetto. But, Querino is like 3 hours away from us and is like way out in the ghetto. The only way to get there is to get onto a van at 4:30 in the morning that leaves to go up there.
We got to the pickup place and there was a 14 passenger van. Then, we fit 19 of us on it and started our 3 hour ride up to Querino. Transportation here is wild. You can always fit one more person that you think into a vehicle haha. It was kind of rough, but it was absolutely beautiful. There are little bamboo huts everywhere. I was completely lost because the people up there really only speak Ilicano. I hardly even know Tagalog yet, so I was lost. But it was super fun. 
Another highlight this week was that we had 6 investigators that attended church. They are progressing really well. And we are now teaching a couple of families which is super fun. We have 16 people that are on date for baptism. We have almost more work than we know what to do with which is definitely not a bad problem to have as a missionary. 
We are almost positive that this next week, with transfers, we will get 2 more Elders in our area. I am pretty sure that I am going to train which might be a little bit rough. But, there are actually quite a few Filipinos coming in this batch, so there is a chance that we won't be completely lost. 
I love it here. The mission is by far the hardest thing that I have ever done, but I love every second of it. Sharing the message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is really one of the most important things that we can do here in this life. I love you all back home, I think about you, and I send lots of prayers your way from this side of the world. 
Love Elder Thomas
Pictures:
The view in Querino
A trike with a Utah license plate
The kids we take to church
The spider we found at our house
Me and Elder Maddox dressed up for Halloween as eachother. We switched name tags, wore matching pants, and wore the rain coats President gave us.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment