Monday, November 5, 2018

Excitement back home

This week was awesome. But, most of the excitement didn't come from anything that happened out here in the Philippines. Addie and Caitlin both have their mission calls which is super exciting. It was the thing that I looked forward to the most for the last two weeks.
But, out here, the work is awesome. We have more progressing investigators than we know what to do with. We hear lots of rumors that next transfer (in 2 weeks), we will have another set of Elders in our area. That would be awesome. 
Some people are wondering about the storm that came through here. It was kind of lame. It rained for a while and got kind of windy but, nothing too crazy. We didn't have power for the day and kind of just at around and waited for it to pass. But, then we were back to work on Wednesday.
The highlight this week was that we were able to put a family of 5 on date. It was the second time that we taught them and we were teaching them about the Plan of Salvation. This is obviously a lesson that stands out to families and it really gives us purpose here in this life. So, they were super interested. In the context of the Plan of Salvation, we invited the family to be baptized. They all accepted and it will be exciting to see how they progress. 
I only have 2 more weeks until I finish my 12 weeks of training. Then, there is a good chance that I will be a trainer. That is kind of scary because I am still learning and the language is pretty rough still. But, we will get through it. I know that the Lord can prepare a way. It is his gospel and it will be taught regardless of our shortcomings. I have thought about that a lot. The Lord is able to teach his gospel throughout the whole world with a bunch of 18 and 19 year old kids. It is incredible. And the gospel is soo true. I love every bit of the experience out here. The good and the bad. I love you all and send lots of prayers your way. 
Love Elder Thomas
Pictures:
For Halloween, I dressed up as Elder Maddox. And he dressed up as me
we found a trike with a Utah License plate
kids playing soccer in the field
colored chicks
the kids
***Tried the whole hour I was here to upload pictures but it was too slow. I'll try again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment