Sunday, November 25, 2018

Dalawang Americanos

Man, what a crazy week. I took a 2 hour bus ride down to San Fernando last Tuesday to pick up my trainee. Not gonna lie... I was kind of hoping that I would get a Filipino companion because then at least one of us would know the language haha. But, It didn't work out that way. I have an American companion from California. He is awesome. I am only 12 weeks in the field and am still very new with the language. But, the Lord will prepare a way. We have only had a few days to work, but I actually surprised myself with the language. I know more than I think I did. This is an awesome opportunity that I have to really figure things out here.
I also now have kabahay (roommates). It is super different. We split the area and it was honestly a little bit sad. The half of the area that the other companionship will be working in has 5 baptisms in the next few weeks. The area that I am in only has 1. Me and my last companion put a lot of work in on the other half the area. But, it is all good. The work is the same and the work is certainly progressing here in the Philippines. 
I don't have a lot more to say this week. We really only worked in our area for like 2 1/2 days this week. It will be interesting to see how this next week goes as we really get into the swing of things. 
The mission is awesome. I love the chance that I have everyday to share the message of the restored gospel here with the people of the Philippines. I love you all and send lots of prayers your way. 
Love Elder Thomas
Me and my comp Elder Hamilton
-kind of a crazy week and I didn't have my camera for most of it. But, I will send more pictures next week :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment