Monday, March 2, 2020

Lasagna, Ribs, French Toast, and Rice Krispy Treats

Whelp... I just wrapped up my first week here in San Fernando. It was wild. I have never been so busy (probably in my whole life). But, we had a good time. And If you read the title, you learn that we eat pretty well here when different events are going on. 
I never actually got a p-day last week because 2 of the people that my comp had been teaching got married in the afternoon, and then that evening they got baptized. So, it was an awesome start.
Then that evening, we had a super cool devotional type thing with the missionaries that were leaving the mission. The spirit hit the room like a bomb when Elder Magistrado (the last assistant) gave his testimony. Then President asked me and Elder Christensen to bare our testimonies. I cried for probably the 3rd time in my whole mission as I talked about how I was feeling with the new assignment. Lots of inadequacy and self-doubt, and not a lot more than just a desire to do whatever I can to help those here in this awesome mission. 
Then we got slammed with all sorts of meetings for like a straight 3 days as new missionaries came in and met their trainers. But, it was exciting to work to help them along.
But, outside of all that, we did get some time to work in our area and had some awesome experiences. We found this one girl named Katherine. Truth be told... she found us. She ran after us down the road and started by saying "what are you guys... missionaries?" Then she asked some of the coolest questions that I have been asked in my whole mission. We had an awesome discussion with her. But, after 20 minutes, her crazy aunt (who is this crazy old lady from another religion) came chasing after her with a stick because she had been talking with us. So, as fast as the whole thing had started, it ended. We just prayed that we would be able to meet her in the future. 2 days later, we finally had time to work, so we got back to that area and managed to find her. Our conversation lasted just long enough to give her a Book of Mromon and bare a quick testimony before she was chased off again by her aunt. So, hopefully we get back to her again because I have honestly never met anyone in my whole life who was a more ernest truth seeker. 
We also taught a girl named Rotchel. She was super cool. I met her for the first time just yesterday and my comp has only taught her 3 times. We got there and she started by telling us about the experience that she had as she read the into to the Book of Mormon and the testimony of Joseph Smith. She said that she compared what she had read to what she knew about the Bible and told us that she felt like she had now found the complete truth. We just bore testimony to her and answered a few of her simple questions. It was an awesome experience. 
I could honestly write like another 15 pages about awesome things that happened this week, but most of you probably don't read this far anyway (congrats if you did) and we don't have a ton more time. 
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Love you all!!
-Elder Thomas


No comments:

Post a Comment