Monday, April 8, 2019

The rain finally came

Well... we got a few little rain storms this. I have never been more excited to see the rain. It basically means that things start to cool off. It was kind of overcast and it felt awesome this week. One day, we didn't take umbrellas. We just got absolutely soaked. It kind of reminded me of my first few weeks in the field when we would come home every night and be soaked to the bone. It honestly feels soo good.
This week was kind of an off week. School just ended, so almost everyone from Baguio was like on vacation. It was almost impossible to make contact with any of our progressing investigators. So, we took the time to go and look through the area book. We found a ton of investigators from like a year ago. We made contact with a lot of them and have a lot of return appointments now. I am really excited for the upcoming week. 
I read a talk this week (I can't remember who it is by) about planting and harvesting as it relates to missionary work. Sometimes we are in an area where we plant and sometimes we are in an area where we nurture. And sometimes we are in an area where we harvest. Up here in Baguio, we have done a lot of planting and nourishing. I will likely leave here in a month without a baptism. But, I am more than happy about that because I know the work that we have done. No one can harvest if nothing is ever planted. I love this area and all the people that I have met. 
I am more than excited for General Conference this week. I know that all of you have already seen it. I love that the work is going forward at a pace that is always increasing. The second coming of our Savior is closer than ever and it is our job to prepare ourselves and others for when it does happen. 
I know that this gospel is true and I love it with all my heart. I love the Book of Mormon and the power that it has to change lives. That is about all for the week. Love you all!!
Love Elder Thomas





 

No comments:

Post a Comment