Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Well, That Week Went Super Fast

Well, this week went by super fast. I feel like I was just sitting here at the computer writing my last email. Thanks again for all the birthday thoughts and prayers. Sorry, I couldn't respond to them all. But, they are much appreciated. 
This week was pretty good. We had the awesome opportunity to go and give a handful of blessings to members and less active members this week. It was awesome. Priesthood blessings are incredible. My testimony of them grew like crazy this week. We were able to give one to a 89 year old sister, a 65 year old man, a 24 year old girl, and a 4 year old boy. They were all super different, but the spirit was the same. I know that we really do have the power of God here on the earth. The same power through which Christ was able to perform miracles when he was here on the earth. It is incredible. Before we gave every blessing, we had a mini lesson on faith. Of course, things happen according to God's timing, which might be different than what we want. That is hard for a lot of people. But, I know that God's plan is perfect. He has a plan for us and he wants nothing more than for us to return to him. 
This week, we also had a service project. We went out for a couple of hours on Saturday morning with a bunch of members. We painted curbs and railings. Lets just say... If curbs were painted like that in America, a lot of people would get fired. It did not look very professional, but it made the whole road actually look a lot better overall. And it was an awesome opportunity to find people to teach. We were all wearing vests with the church logo on it. People would stop and ask us what we were doing. We were able to share a quick message about what we were doing and about the church. It was awesome. 
I have just 2 more weeks before my comp should transfer. I am about to finish my 4th transfer in the mission. It has been kind of a rough one. My comp hit his year mark last week and it made him not really want to work. It was pretty hard for me because I knew that all the time that we were not working, we were missing the opportunity to share the message of the gospel with others. I had a pretty good talk with my comp and I think that we turned things around a little bit. 
No one ever said that the mission was easy. If someone says that, then they did something wrong. It is by far the hardest thing that I have done, but I wouldn't change it for anything. I am able to see the blessings every day and it makes all of the hard days soo worth it. "Challenges are at times an indication of the Lord's trust in you." This really is the most important work that we can be a part of and I am so grateful for the chance that I have to spend a short 2 years to make it my focus. 
I love you all and send lots of prayers back your way. 

-Elder Thomas



 

No comments:

Post a Comment