Monday, January 7, 2019

Maligayang bagong Taon

Well... A lot has happened in the last week. Last Monday, I sent a short email. I got transffered up here to Baguio city. I love it. The weather here is awesome. My white shirts might actually stand a chance. I was super sad to leave my last ward though. I loved the members in that little ward and I was really attached to a handful of investigators. But, I know that there must be work up here for me to do.
The ward up here is awesome. Last week, we had over 150 people attend sacrament meeting. Probably in part because of the new year. (Lots of new years resolutions to get back to church haha). 
It is awesome to see all of the changes from the Prophet being applied now. It is awesome to see how the work really is hastening even out here in relatively new wards and branches. The church is led my truly inspired men, and I love it. It is an awesome time to be on earth and be a part of this incredible work. 
This week, I met a bunch of our investigators. They are awesome. It is a little bit different than my last area. People up here in Baguio are a lot more educated. And lots of them actually speak really good English. It feels super weird to start teaching in English now. And Taglish is definitely a real language. It has become my favorite language. I am very conversational because if I don't know a word, I just try to say it with a filipino accent and they will understand what I am saying haha.
Our area up here is also super different. We walk everywhere (my last area was a biking area). But we basically just hike here. We walk up thousands of stairs a day. I counted one time just on our way home and lost count somewhere around 800 stairs that we climbed. But, I love it. Rumor has it that the more stairs we climb, the better looking our wife will be :)
Man I love all of you guys. I love the examples that you are to me and the help you have been in my life. I love the gospel and the chance that I have to share it here for a short 2 years. It really is the most important thing that we can be a part of here in this life. Love you all and I keep you all in my prayers. 
Love Elder Thomas
-I will send more pictures next week. The computers this week could not send them

No comments:

Post a Comment