Monday, December 31, 2018

MERRY (late) CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR

Well... last week we didn't have a lot of time to email, so I never sent an email home. I got to talk to my family which was definitely the highlight of my whole week. But, other than that, it finally rained again. It really started to get hot. And then a storm came in and we spent a couple of evenings biking home in the rain.
The biggest update at this point is that I got transferred. I am now actually up in Baguio city. It is awesome, but definitely has it's ups and downs. One big plus is that we have heated water, and a shower head. I get to trade the cold bucket shower for a warm shower with a shower head. I don't have a bike anymore which is kind of sad. I actually liked biking. Now we just walk up and down stairs pretty much all day. Baguio is way up in the mountains and there are hills everywhere. Basically everyone just lives on the side of the mountain. 
Leaving my last area was super sad. I loved the ward and all of my investigators. I was hoping that I would be able to spend at least one more transfer there. But, there must be work for me to do up here in Baguio. I am super excited to get started. I love the mission, and the chance that I have to share the gospel. Especially at this time of year when we can really focus on the life of Christ and all that he did for us. I love you all and wish you a happy holiday season.
-Elder Thomas



 

No comments:

Post a Comment