Monday, December 10, 2018

Christmas Conference + Baptism

This week was awesome. There were two real highlights. One was Christmas conference. And one was our baptism.
Christmas conference was awesome. It was with half the mission. Our president came and we had all sorts of games and food and then a little devotional. It was super fun to be able to catch up with Elder Maddox, and some other friends from the mission. The devotional was awesome. All of the missionaries that are going home in the next transfer bore their testimonies. All of them said that the mission went by wayyy to fast. I know that will be true. I am nearing 6 months and it is crazy. I can't believe it. 
This week there were lots of changes in our district. One of the kids who was at my house got transferred to baguio. He had a hard time adjusting to the weather and stuff here. And another kid from my batch went home. That was super sad. The mission is hard, but it is worth every second of it. 
Our baptism last Saturday was awesome. It was a part member named Miko. He is 9 years old. Me and Elder Maddox found his family and got them to start coming back to church. His mom is active now and brings him and his older brother who was baptized just a few years ago. I was kind of sad when they split our area when they added 2 more missionaries because Miko was in the other area. So, the other companionship got to finish teaching him. But, I got to attend his baptism which was super cool. The youth in our ward are awesome and he has a lot of friends at church. I think that he is kind of the reason that his mom is active again which is awesome. His dad is not a member, but that will hopefully change here soon ;)
This week was awesome for me. The language is definitely improving and I am learning more everyday. I love the mission and the time that I have to teach the gospel here to the people of the Philippines. 
Love Elder Thomas



 

No comments:

Post a Comment