Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Kumusta from Manila

Wow. I'm in the Philippines now. I love it. Wierdest thing... We left from LA a little bit after midnight on Monday night. The next time I saw light was on Wednesday at around 6 in the morning just before we landed in Manila. The MTC here is awesome. The rooms are super nice and were just built last September. It is right across the street from the Manila temple.
Some people have been wondering about food. I ate yellow watermelon and it was incredible. We also had liver with eggs and rice and it really wasn't bad. We are allowed to leave the MTC on P-day to go shopping and stuff. There is a little store around the corner that sells Mango shakes. We are all super excited for that. 
The weather here is super humid, but I kind of psyched myself up for the whole thing so it really hasn't been that bad. It hasn't rained yet which really surprised me. The forecast that I looked at in provo said it should rain every day. We will see.
Drivers here are nuts. We were in this giant bus on our way from the airport and there was not a single time on the whole drive home that we weren't within like a foot of another vehicle. People just drive and it magically works. There aren't really rules as far as I can tell and the drivers just stare each other down and one of them ends up going first. I'm not sure how it works, but It is funny to watch. 
I haven't really done a lot here so far. We had a few hours to pack and then we just fell asleep in the afternoon. Then, we were allowed to go to sleep at 7 which was awesome. But, then we all woke up at like 4 in the morning. But, we have a crazy full week ahead of us. We are just about to go do a session in the temple. I am so excited.
I love it here. I love the gospel. I love learning the language. I can't wait to get up to Baguio. 
-Elder Thomas
Pictures:
1/2: From the airplane of Manila. I didn't realize it was such a big city. 
3/4: the view from our room. The courtyard is beautiful. I'll send better pictures next week when I have more time. 
5: Our room. It is pretty messy because we are still unpacking. But it is awesome. We have our own sinks, our own toilet, and shower. And the beds are rather comfy


No comments:

Post a Comment