Monday, August 20, 2018

1 More Week

I made it one more week here in the Philippines. And, I only have 8 more days before I bus up to Baguio. I love it here. The food takes a little bit of getting used to, but it is soooo good. We have rice for every meal and there is almost always some kind of meat. Breakfast is the one meal that throws me off the most. Our past few breakfast's have been rice, omlet's and hotdogs. But, I also always have PB & J toast. The bread here is unreal.
We finally got a good rain storm here. I know that in a few weeks, I will be begging for the rain to stop, but it was super fun to experience it for the first time. The rain drops are massive and we all just get soaked. Our exercise time was during a big storm and so we played volleyball in the rain. It was tons of fun.
We also got to go to the temple this week. It was amazing. The temple is beautiful. The session rooms are super small and so, our 2 districts filled the 25 seat rooms and we had to get a few extra chairs. 
We still teach lessons every day and they are getting better. Our last 3 lessons have been nothing like what we planned for them to be. I am amazed that after 5 short weeks in the MTC, I am able to speak enough to teach a couple different lessons. We also got to go next door to the MTC and talk to people who are staying at this house. It was pretty hard because we don't have a lot of vocabulary outside of gospel vocab, but it was a good experience. I know that the gift of tongues is real. I feel it every time that I try to speak. 
We get to go on splits with the missionaries in Manila tomorrow and I am super excited. I can't wait. Then a week from tomorrow, I make my way up to Baguio with a 7 hour bus ride. I can't wait to get this all started. I love it here in the MTC, I love the gospel, I love the people and the language, and I can't wait to teach the people up in Baguio. 
-Elder Thomas
1: Elder Nelson with bananas
2-4: Manila temple 
5: the MTC
 

No comments:

Post a Comment