Friday, August 3, 2018

Half way + ZL

Well... I'm half way through my stay here at the MTC. The days take forever, but I can not believe that I have already been here for 3 weeks. We are all kind of anxiously waiting to see if we will get flight plans and visa's here in the next week or so. There are supposed to be some missionaries from our zone that leave here at 5 weeks and go to the MTC in Manila. But, none of us have any clue who it is. We hope to know this week.
Also, me and my comp are the Zone Leaders now. We showed up to sacrament meeting last Sunday and they just announced it over the pulpit. We knew as soon as everyone else in our zone knew. On Wednesday 3 new districts joined our zone. We have 62 missionaries. (5 sisters and 57 Elders). Me and my comp got to teach the new missionaries in the hour long orientation that they had their first night. It was super fun. 
The lessons that we are teaching with our "investigators" are awesome. We only take notes into the lessons that are in English. We used to write lessons in Tagalog and then basically read our lessons. Now that we have enough vocab, we are able to follow the spirit more and teach to the needs of the investigators. I know that the gift of tongues is real. I feel it every time that we prepare a lesson. I am able to remember the words that I have studied and learned over the past 3 weeks. 
I love missionary work and preparing for the field. I can't wait to teach the people of the Philippines. 
I love you all and keep you guys in my prayers. 
-Elder Thomas
Pictures
Me and Elder Oakley Miller
Me, my comp, and the last Zone Leaders
My roommates (who just left)(sorry about the lighting. they put my camera in sunset mode before taking the picture to make it "more majestic")
And a picture of our zone at the temple this morning 
++The Baptismal Invitation in Tagalog
 

No comments:

Post a Comment