Monday, December 2, 2019

17 months later

Well... Transfers came and my comp took off to Australia. He was super excited the whole time leading up to the day that he would leave, but as he was packing the night before, he was definitely a little bit scared haha. But, I will finally get my first Filipino companion. The sisters in my batch will go home in the next transfer. So, I almost made it 18 months with straight American companions (and 1 Australian). But, I am super excited. It will be a good experience. I will hopefully start to learn more and more about this awesome culture and language. 
Other than that, we also had a baptism this week. Elder Maurer baptized Genalyn Blaza on his last full day in the field. It was super cool. We are also still teaching her dad who is slowly progressing at his own rate, but attends church almost every week. We also put 3 of the grandkids of our recent convert officially on date. They hope to be baptized on the Saturday after Christmas.
Not gonna lie, I hardly even realized that Thanksgiving was last week and it just kind of passed by. Sad. But I am excited now that it is December and we can focus on Christmas. We are now in our 4th month of Christmas out here which means that we are close.
We also watched the Light the World video which is awesome!! Go out and find the 'one.' They are out there and it is our job to help them. 
Sorry it is kind of short. We are about to go find some of the missionaries showing up to our zone right now. Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers!
Love Elder Thomas






No comments:

Post a Comment