Monday, May 6, 2019

Goodbye colder weather. Goodbye hot shower.

Well... Transfer calls came and went. I am officially out of Baguio. That means I am back to the lowlands. I will be down in Bauang branch. I am actually super excited. It will be the first branch that I have served in here in the Philippines. They also have some of the most beautiful beaches down in Bauang so that will be awesome.
I really don't have a lot to share from this week. One of my favorite days this week was when we went down to Camp 6. It was awesome. I was told by my last companion that there was really no houses in our area down there. But, there is a member family who lives there. So, we went down there so that I could show my comp where they live before I get transferred. 
But, we got there and we found a ton of houses hidden way up on this hill. It was awesome. We contacted a lot of people. It was probably the first time in a long time that most of these people saw a white person. People were literally running down the streets yelling "Americano." It was super easy to talk to people and it was an awesome day.
We also went back to another inactive family this week. They are an older Grandma and Grandpa. They have some grandkids who are actually somewhat active in the church. We found out later that they had not let missionaries in their house in like the 3 years that they had been in Baguio. We gave them the invitation to come back to church with their kids and Grandkids. It was awesome. We taught a lesson on the importance of the Sacrament. 
Reactivation is a big part of the work that we do here. It is awesome to see people light up when they remember the things that they have felt and the experiences that they have had relating to the gospel in the past. The gospel really does change lives. We are a part of the greatest work that is happening in the world today. It is incredible. Our Savior lives and His plan is perfect for all of us. 
Love Elder Thomas





No comments:

Post a Comment