Monday, October 8, 2018

Transfers? Nah

Transfers came and went yesterday. Me and my companion are both staying here in Santiago to finish out my training. We are both super exciting about that. It is hard to believe that I already finished a transfer in the mission field. It is still the very beginning, but I know that it will fly by.
The funniest part of this week was not even Joel. We didn't see much of him this week. It was a guy up the road from our house that we call "the babbler." He just walks up the road all day and says random things. We always stop and try to get him to say something funny. He looks at us for a second and then puts his finger up and says something like "NASA owns the Mormons" or "Jesus Christ heals all the people through the blue flowers" or "ten thousand Russians plus one billion astronomers equals the end of the the CSI medication." I am not sure what most of this means, but I always get a kick out of this guy. And he lives in this massive house by us. So, he is pretty rich and he just spends his days walking up and down the road saying things. It is something that I look forward to every day as we leave the house.
The work here is awesome. We had over 100 people in our sacrament meeting yesterday which is more than we have ever had. We had 4 of our progressing investigators there which is super exciting. The ward here is super welcoming and so we hardly had the chance to talk to our investigators while they were at church. It is awesome. 
Our WML is obsessed with playing basketball. He is always trying to set up times for us to get less active members and young single adults together to play basketball. So, of course, we had to get a jersey made. One of the pictures here is of me in my "full pross." Ready to play basketball and teach the gospel haha. 
It seems like the weeks are just going faster and faster. I love it here.  I recognize more and more how much the gospel really does for our lives.




No comments:

Post a Comment