Monday, October 22, 2018

Stoned, Spit Upon and Cast Out...

Well... we have officially experienced it all. We were spit on. We had rocks thrown at us. And we we were chased out. ......... by a 6 year old. It was wild. haha
This week we got to go to a resort way up in the mountains. We got permission to go with the YSA in our ward to their activity. It was beautiful. We drove for like an hour way up this canyon. I had a giant river running through it. It reminded me of kind of a slot canyon in southern Utah, except that it was super green. The resort was just full of all sorts of little bamboo huts and pools. Our ward had the place rented out, but we could only watch :(
The highlight this week was yesterday. We taught a family which was awesome. The mom had been given a Book of Mormon from a friend that she met abroad. We taught them and they were all super interested. It will be fun to go back there for follow up visits. 
We also taught the man that we found last week while tracting. He is sooo prepared to hear the gospel. He loves the book of Mormon and asked us if we would be able to come back more times each week so that we can teach him more often. 
This week, the AP's were in our area on splits. One of them told me that there is a "really good chance that I will train as soon as I finish my training." I finish training in 4 weeks. I will likely be training before I even finish 3 months in the field. It is crazy. Me and my trainee will probably be lost for a few weeks haha. But, I know that the Lord will prepare a way. I love the mission and all that comes because of it. The days are extra long, but, there is nothing so rewarding. I love you all. 
Love Elder Thomas
Pictures:
The house we built last month survived the storms
Changing our TC cards to the proper name of the church
Bishop's family
The Resort





No comments:

Post a Comment