Saturday, July 21, 2018

July 20, 2018

What an amazing week!! I can't believe that I am already writing another one of these letters. But, I also feel like I have been here forever. It is a weird feeling. A couple highlights from the week were Elder Ballard coming for a broadcast and teaching our first "investigator."

On Tuesday night, Elder Ballard came to the MTC. He gave an incredible talk about Joseph and Hyrum Smith. He talked about the work that they brought about in the latter days and about how they were a model for all companionships. It was amazing. 

We have been teaching our first investigator. She only speaks Tagalog to us so sometimes it is a little bit rough. In our first lesson, We basically just read a lesson to her and tried to understand what she was saying when she asked questions. In our second and third, we tried to do the lesson with less notes. One of them was super rough. The lesson was spent in awkward silence and attempts to guess what she was saying as we asked her questions. But, our fourth and fifth lessons were incredible. We prepared a couple of bullet points we wanted to talk. But, both lessons took a totally different turn. It was scary at first because we did not think we had the vocab to teach a different lesson. But with the spirit and the best "taglish" that we could come up with, we gave amazing lessons. They were both like a 20-25 minutes long and I have no clue how we did it. The spirit can do amazing things. 

I see kids from Lone Peak everywhere here. I have seen 16 kids I knew before the mission. It is so fun to see familiar faces. 

I love it here, but the more that I learn about the Philippines, the more I just want to go there. I found out that my departure date is Aug 29. This means that I will be in the field on that date. Assuming that I get my visa, I should fly out of here like Aug 22 or so. I have one more month and I could not be more excited to learn all that I can. 

I love all of you and keep you guys in my prayers.

-Elder Thomas
Pictures of the amazing sunsets here at the MTC when we finish class every night. I have a few more pictures of my zone and teachers I will send next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment