Monday, July 29, 2019

I got shipped off to Abra

This week was a pretty good one. One of the highlights was when I placed my first English Book of Mormon. For those of you that have seen The Best 2 Years, just picture me saying "I just placed my first Book of Mormon." I have placed a lot of Tagalog Aklat ni Mormons, but we met a white guy who had a question about why there were so many languages in the world. We told him that we knew of a book that might answer his question. Then we also met a black dude who properly addressed us as his "homies." He was super cool. It was kind of weird because you can literally put on one hand the number of people in our area that aren't Filipino. But we met two of them. It was kind of nice (and kind of weird) to teach a little bit in English.
This week we also had transfers. I kind of thought that I would stay in my area because I had been there for only 3 months. But, me and my companion both got transferred. I will be a Zone Leader way up in the top of our mission. I am super excited. I was just a little sad to leave a family that actually came to church. We met them on the street like 3 weeks ago and they have come to church the last 2 weeks. They said that they feel like they have found a place where their harts are full and they fit in. It is awesome.
We also had interviews with our new President. He is awesome. He has a focus and desire to really get things rolling out here. It has kind of given me another spark to really get things going. He shared in a talk that he gave in my branch about being "perfectly willing." In the sacrament prayers, it says that we are "willing to take upon us the name of Christ, always remember him, and keep his commandments." It doesn't say that we WILL always be perfect in remembering Christ or keeping the commandments. But, we can be perfectly WILLING. All that God requires of us is that we do our best and he has given to us a plan that through His Son, we can return to live with him.
This week, our district had 3 baptisms. It was awesome. I was lucky enough to go to all of them. I actually sang at one of them. Let me tell ya... it was nice. I am not sure how I got pulled into it and it was definitely a first for me. I sang with 2 Filipina sisters. But, It was pretty good... I think. 
Sorry, I don't have pictures this week. I just got to the area and most of my stuff is packed away. But, my area looks beautiful and I will send lots next week. Thank you all for the thoughts, prayers and emails. 
Love Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment