Monday, March 11, 2019

Panagbenga

The highlight this week was the Panagbenga festival. The whole session road (the main road in Baguio city) was shut off. It was crazy. The whole city was packed. The church put up a family search booth which was awesome. The missionaries were in charge of inviting people to enter the booth. It was awesome. More than 1,000 people came into the booth and created a family search account in the week. It was super fun. 
I have two people that we met this week that were pretty funny. There was one guy who had the sides of his head shaved and he had a bright red mohawk. Naturally, I wanted to stop him to talk to him for a second. I tried to stop him and tell him that we had a way to him to find his ancestors for free. He just looked at me for a second and then in straight English said "No thanks. I'm a Satanist." Pretty sad for him. But, I thought it was hilarious. Then the next day, this old grandma came walking by. She got really mad at us because we were not using our speaker that we had to play music. Then, she basically cussed me out in Ilicano. I knew that she was mad, but I don't speak Ilicano yet, so I actually did not know what she said. The other members told me that she is like famous in Baguio as the "baguio crazy." It was pretty funny. 
The week, I was really focused on seeing everyone's potential. My dad told me in his email last week that he sometimes stands in the cafeteria of the junior high and looks around and thinks "everyone in this room is a candidate for celestial glory. Kind of crazy." This week especially, because we saw thousands of people, it was easy to look at people and then judge them. But, everyone is a son or daughter of God and he wants nothing more than for all of us to return to Him. Missionary work is soo much easier when when we see people as what they can become. Our president told us that the first time we meet someone that we should picture them in white 3 times. Once at baptism, then at their endowment, then at their temple marriage. God has a plan for us and he wants all of us to be as happy as can be. I love you all and wish you all the best!
Love Elder Thomas




No comments:

Post a Comment